We should find out who will receive one of the 20 Arizona sports betting apps licenses up for grabs this week.
The partnerships, which were supposed to be announced on Monday, have not been released by the Arizona Department of Gaming as of Monday afternoon.
Operators’ Number Growing
In total, 16 operators have submitted mobile sports betting applications for sports betting in Arizona, with several more to come.
The official rollout of legalized sports betting is set to occur on Sept. 9, in time for the Arizona Cardinals’ NFL regular-season opener against the Tennessee Titans on Sept. 12.
The Cardinals are one of the companies that has applied for a license, after reaching a sportsbook deal with BetMGM/Gila River Hotels and Casinos on Aug. 9.
Additionally, the United Soccer League’s Phoenix Rising has struck a deal with an unnamed sportsbook operator on a deal, according to team Governor Berke Bakay.
"Phoenix Rising FC deeply appreciates the Arizona Legislature and Governor Ducey for including soccer fans in their vision for sports betting in the state," Bakay said. "As Arizona’s highest-level professional soccer team, Phoenix Rising FC has submitted its application to the Arizona Department of Gaming for an Event Wagering Operator’s License in partnership with a market-leading, best-in-class online sports betting operator. The club is excited to offer Arizona’s diverse soccer fans an opportunity to participate in this new form of entertainment.”
The Arizona Coyotes are the lone Valley professional sports team that has not struck a deal with an operator, team Executive Vice President of Communications & Broadcasting Rich Nairn told Bet Arizona.
Updated Sportsbook List
Here’s a list of who has applied for sportsbook operator licenses in the state of Arizona and their partnerships to date:
- Rush Street Interactive (TBA)
- PointsBet AZ Sportsbook and Cliff Castle Hotel/Yavapai-Apache Nation
- WynnBet AZ Sportsbook and Apache Gold and Sky casinos/San Carlos Apache
- William Hill/Caesars and Harrah’s AK-Chin Casino
- TwinSpires AZ Sportsbook and Mazatal Hotel & Casino/Tonto Apache Nation
- BlueBet and the Colorado River Indian Tribes
- Unibet AZ Sportsbook and the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation
- Betfred and the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Gila River Community
- BetMGM and the Arizona Cardinals
- MaximBet and the White Mountain Apache Tribe
- FanDuel AZ Sportsbook and the Phoenix Suns
- Bally’s and the Phoenix Mercury
- DraftKings AZ Sportsbook and the PGA Tour/TPC Scottsdale
- Caesars and the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Barstool and Phoenix International Raceway/NASCAR